Friday, August 8, 2008

Summer in the Shoe

This blog entry is not going to be the typical witty entry - my brain is fried and my body is tired... I have many more pictures than normal - hope you enjoy.


Can you tell that this crew is full of life...mischief...sweetness...energy!!!! Summer always holds lots of surprises. None of our summers have ever been dull. Like your family we have days fully planned out and days that just seem to happen. More often than not our days just happened this summer. Structure is something I thrive on...we started off so well...



Regular kickball matches...


Intense family fun...


So exciting...joking aside, the kids loved it!

We also read and talked about the first 6 chapters of John using Kay Arthur's Bible Studies for Kids. I cannot think of a more important thing than pouring into the lives of my children - yet so often I fail miserably. We started so strong then other commitments or outings or events came along and before you know it Bible study took a back seat to life.
Finding the balance - isn't that a joke - is challenging. How do I feed my children God's word without forcing it on them. Trusting that God is loving my children unto Himself gives me great peace and causes me relax. All that to say - the formal Bible Study lasted about 2 weeks maybe 3.


Sara Joy hamming it up in the baby pool. I have had this pool since Madelyn was a toddler. Matter of fact, this picture reminds me so much of her. Love it! We had a little bit of water fun this summer. Just a little bit...


Bo getting himself a mouthful of refreshment.


James...slippin' and a slidin'



My kids are pitifully drawn to water - any way they can take it. Growing up, I loved water - 2 inches or 12 feet deep - sparkling blue or swampy green -it didn't matter. My kids are the same.






These pictures were taken at West Point State Park. The kids went for a few days, and we had James' and Riley's birthday party there.
Right now, as I type, 4 of my kids are with Granny and Paw-Paw camping at Chewacla State Park. We were just commenting yesterday that it is great that they ALL love to camp.



Down at G & P's the kids like to ride in the paddle boat around the little pond with an island in the middle of it. It's a cool little thing for the kids.



The girls. They are all growing so fast.



I could not believe that I actually got this picture. We are missing Madelyn...we have missed her a lot this summer. It makes me realize that she is growing up and will soon be gone. I cherish these last few years before she moves out to embark upon a life of her own.



James and Syndey



Bo got a little "buckle" fracture a few weeks ago climbing up the ladder on the boys bunkbeds. He fell and landed just the right way. His little splint was so cute. Snoopy. It's off now and he seems just fine.



The second set of The Three Amigos


Madelyn at Camp Marannook.

She was a "Kitchie." All the high-schoolers serve as support staff - maintenance or kitchen help. They prepared and served lots and lots o kids.



Riley so proud of his webkinz. Do your kids live for webkinz. Mine do. I cannot believe that they love them the way they do. I have some grown friends who are just as crazy about them, too. CRAAAA----ZYYYYY! FUN!

School starts next week. I am both glad and sad. Routine and schedules return - freedom and lazy days - out the window. I ended my last blog with a word about trust. I will end this one the same. It seems each summer I have an opportunity through some sort of adversity to experience God in a new way. This summer is no exception. TRUST. At the beginning of this year, I blogged about this word (This is the Year...). God is calling us to TRUST Him like we never have before. I must say it is exciting! A little scary anytime you willfully place your life completley in the hands of another! But, what capable and mighty Hands they are!


"But I trust in You, O Lord; I say, 'You are my God,' My times are in Your hand..." Psalm 31:14-15a

3 comments:

Hannah and Randy said...

I love the update and new pictures! Thanks for sharing a bit of your summer with us! Hope school gets off to a great start for all of you. Love you!

Leslie said...

Jami, I really enjoyed reading your update and looking at all the wonderful pictures!

RhiDesign said...

Hi, my new friend! you are a beautiful person with a beautiful family and I look forward to getting to know you all a little better!! Had fun yesterday! Thanks!