Sunday, January 6, 2008

This is the Year...

Just a few days before the new year rolled around I told Brad, "This is going to be the year. I just have a feeling about it." We were invited by a friend and his wife along with several other couples to cheer on the Auburn Tigers as they took on the Clemson Tigers in the Chik-Fil-A Bowl in Atlanta for New Year's Eve. What an adventure! Our whole crew had a blast! The highlight of the evening...seeing the winning play (Auburn crossing the end zone securing a win) from the eighth row on about the 20 yard line. Adrenaline, cheers, yelps, high-fives, flashing smiles and camera's...a night to remember. Leaving the game I looked at Brad again and said something to the effect..."2008 is the year." A friend overheard what I said and asked something like what did I mean or why. No definitive answer to give, just a smile and a confident reply that I just felt like 2008 is going to be a great year - an exciting year.

Exiting the last flight of stairs (that was an anxiety-packed few moments) in the Marta station, I overheard a teen-aged girl reply to her friend, "I don't know what I am doing tomorrow...Daddy, what (she had planned to ask her Dad what the aganda for the next day was, but looking around the girl noticed her Dad wasn't where he was when she last looked)...Where did Daddy go...he and Mama know what I've got planned even before I do." Then she asked her friend, "What time are you going to the movies?" Lost in contemplation over what this young girl said - I mean what she really said beyond the words she spoke, the noise around me went quiet. Her trust in her parents and reliance on them so strong that she didn't even give a second to thought what the plans for the next day would be; her parents had it all figured out. She wasn't anxious or concerned. What I heard her affirm through those few words..."I know that my Mom and Dad love me and have great plans for me what ever that may look like and I trust them with every day of my life."

I think that is a part of what I sense about 2008. I don't know what lies ahead. "Change" - the word keeps coming to mind. "New," "different," "unity;" all words that come to mind as I think about this new year. "Trust" - that's the biggy and I almost forgot it...Trust...do I so trust in my Dad that I can let go of the anxieties of today and worries of tomorrow and just live in today trusting that His plans for me are ALWAYS GOOD - no matter what that looks like. Honestly, I have to say that I don't know if I am there yet in experience - yet I can look back over the last 9 years as I have been walking with the Lord and see that He is fully Trust worthy and faithful. I know it as truth in my heart and in my head, but it is as if the two haven't fully meshed together. What's that all about????!!!!???

Bo is crying to get up from nap and since today is his birthday I guess I need to get the little fellow up so we can have a little family celebration marking his first year. Hold those thoughts and I'll be back to blogging sometime later in the week.

No comments: